Thursday, December 17, 2009

12.17.2009

Dear Rachel Dratch,

What follows is my Best of 2009 playlist. It was tough figuring out exactly what came out this year because we had a number of hits lingering that were released in 2008, and we have a strict rule that best of songs must be released in the year that we are celebrating. Thus, no Britney or Beyonce. But I bent my own rules a bit by including Gaga's "Pokerface" simply because it didn't rock my world until August, and well, I wanted to celebrate how behind I am. Enjoy.

1. Whitney Houston "Million Dollar Bill"
2. Kim Zolciak "Tardy For The Party"
3. Camera Obscura "French Navy"
4. Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Heads Will Roll"
5. MSTRKRFT feat. John Legend "Heartbreaker"
6. Gossip "Heavy Cross"
7. Kandi "I Fly Above"
8. Lady Gaga "Pokerface"
9. La Roux "Bulletproof"
10. Black Eyed Peas "Outta My Head"
11. Kelly Clarkson "I Do Not Hook Up"
12. Lily Allen "The Fear"
13. Lady Gaga "Bad Romance"
14. Rye Rye feat. MIA "Bang"

While this is not comprehensive, there just weren't many songs that got my junk moving. I don't care for Drake. I wanted to include a Ne-yo song, but he was released in 2008. Whatever. I just came to dance.

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment