Friday, January 15, 2010

1.15.2010

Dear Rachel Dratch,

Quick note. This new year sees me going more blonde next week, trying hard to give up soda last week, and getting back into the groove at work this week after a much needed staycation. All of these (and by all I probably mean just me and being blonde and me living a healthier life) probably deserve some attention as individuals, but I am on a time crunch and so tired of being late.

I went to the eye doctor last week and they gave me two things: one, the most amazing pair of new glasses; and two, the most awful pair of contacts. I made an appointment to get checked out again earlier this week after suffering for four days with what felt like a giant hair in my eye. Rather, all that could be found was an ill-fitting, probably over-priced contact lens that I think the doctor must get a cut of every time she sells them.

After waiting for 30 minutes, I even got there 15 minutes early, I went to the desk and asked if I could just get a refund for the four boxes of bad contacts and a copy of my prescription. I was determined to head to LensCrafters and get my old brand back, insurance or not. This little move put all kinds of action in motion. They immediately gave me a refund, and then my fave Pam took me back to talk about what's been going on. I walked out with an order for my old contacts, which as it turned out were not actually monthlies but rather every-two-weekers (damn you LensCrafters!), and insurance covering most of it so I only had a little bit left to pay.

I wasn't a jerk, or even slightly mean. I just got junk to do, lady, and this not even real appointment is standing in the way of me and my day! But it's all taken care of. Chew. On. That.

That's where my life stands in 2010. I continue to write 2009 and December every time I write out a date. I call it vintage.

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment