Monday, December 13, 2010

12.13.2010

Dear Rachel Dratch,

Because I'm bored and this looks like some old school 1999-era fun, I'm going to fill out this survey from Rodarte's Kate and Laura Mulleavy. I am very much a fashion nerd but this survey is not very fashion-y. Here we go.

Favorite play? I'm not sure if this should count, but I really did love The Color Purple when I saw it on Broadway.

What was your first love? Food.

Favorite language? English!

Who is your most loved character in literature? I'm tempted to say Truman Capote because he put himself in every single one of his stories. Maybe I'll be super weird and say Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With The Wind.

Favorite room? My living room.

Favorite place to read a book? The couch in my living room.

Favorite place in NY? This restaurant we always go to with my friend Maura where I get the most delicious vegetarian eggs benedict.

Favorite color? Blue!

Favorite painter/painting? Would it be weird to say I sort of like Mark Rothko? I like his huge pieces of one or two solid colors.

Favorite thing to collect? At one point I would have had to say import Janet Jackson singles and albums. Right now, it would probably be fashion books.

Favorite mystery? I still have no idea what happened in number two.

Favorite flower? Anything orange.

Favorite sea creature? My first pet, Freddie.

Favorite smell? A mix of whatever the deodorant is and Light Blue.

If I gave you a medal right now, what would it be for? Dealing with the crazies at the mall.

Favorite texture? The tee shirt I have on right now.

Favorite flavor? Chocolate.

What’s the first thing you think of when I say red? Ew, blood.

Night or day? Night.

Favorite villain? Ursula from the Little Mermaid.

Favorite silent film star? Er. Rudolph Valentino?

Favorite artist? Janet Jackson

Molly Ringwald or Ally Sheedy? Ally Sheedy

C.S. Lewis or Freud? C.S. Lewis

Tents or motels? Hotels, with an H. I make too much money to stay in motels. I'm talking to you Days Inn!

Favorite musical instrument? Drums.

Thunder or lightning? Thunder.

Tea or coffee? Coffee!

Wine or beer? Beer.

Lemon or lime? Lime.

Monday or Friday? Friday.

February or December? February.

Christmas or Halloween? Christmas.

Rosemary’s Baby or Hannah and Her Sisters? Rosemary's Baby.

J.D. Salinger or Jack Kerouac? Ew, neither.

Hats or scarves? Scarves.

Julie Christie or Vanessa Redgrave? Vanessa Redgrave.

Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor? Elizabeth Taylor.

Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart? Cary Grant.

Las Vegas or Atlantic City? Las Vegas.

Rain or sun? Rain.

Spiderman or Superman? Spiderman.

Cats or dogs? Dogs.

Ice cream or sorbet? Ice cream!

Beatles or Rolling Stones? Rolling Stones.

Favorite fun fair ride of all time? Tilt-a-whirl.

Favorite sidekick? Robin.

What are the initials of the last person you kissed? Gentleman don't kiss and tell.

What characteristics do you most envy in others? Patience and selflessness.

If you could fly, where is the first place you would go? Tokyo.

Have you ever won a medal or a prize–if so, what? One time at priest camp, we came in second or third for best Bible-based skit. Chew on that.

What is your secret dream? To open my own shop in a place where people will shop there.

Favorite season? I'd say fall but we don't get much of a fall. So maybe late winter.

What is your greatest love? Helping people out.

Favorite currency? Cash money, American dollars.

Favorite city? It could be New York.

Favorite imaginary place? Oz.

Favorite planet? Mars.

Favorite children’s book? The Boxcar Children series.

Favorite candy? Snickers.

Favorite name [and it cannot be your own]? Lyle.

1 comment:

  1. so not weird to say Rothko. he is my favorite as well... he layered color in such a way that it almost emits light.

    there's a cathedral in texas somewhere and instead of stained glass windows, it's all rothko paintings.

    gorgemous.

    ReplyDelete