Monday, September 28, 2009

9.28.09

Dear Rachel Dratch,

I am sitting here watching "Dancing With The Stars". I haven't really watched it before, except for a few times in grad school when I would be stuffing my face with spaghetti and needed something for my eyes to do while my belly did all the work. I get the appeal--clearly, we love watching people compete in things like singing, dancing, modeling, being a tool. I need to now reroute where this was going to go--I must admit I am really into the routine Melissa Joan Hart just did. I have sort of loved her since we only knew her as Clarissa.

Remember when she got all fat and had babies or something? Or when she appeared in that Britney Spear's video "Crazy"? I wonder if she has had some kind of relationship with Britney, through all the shaved heads and umbrella attacks. Wouldn't that be something if Ms. Joan Hart and "Crazy" had become and stayed friends? If so, I hope she was involved in the intervention process. Maybe she would pull some tricks from her Sabrina sleeves, using the cat or something to tear Jayden and Brayden, or whatever the other kid's name is, away while distracting Britney while daddy Jamie took them to a safe house. Who knows. It's weird that both of these women, who were sort of at the top of their respective games a good ten years ago, continue to be within the range of some sort of celebrity. I guess all it takes is a couple dozen donuts and the ability to dance, which begs the question: why am I not a celebrity!?

I have been so tired lately. I drank a diet Mountain Dew a couple hours ago and I am so sleepy! It's so interesting to me when I tell folks that our drank of choice is diet Mountain Dew. They judge and judge. But it tastes so good! And it's less harmful that coffee, I think. We once tried to purple kind, Ultraviolet. It comes out purple, and the carbonated part is blue. It's so crazy. That did kind of make me question the life choices I was making at the time, but then I just chug-a-lugged and I was over it. I bet that one has a lot of chemicals in it, though.

Just wanted to drop a quick note. I hope you are well, especially after Jenny Slate said fuck on last week's Saturday Night Live. I hope that gets you guys at least a few more viewers after Justin Timberlake crazy takeover last season. By the way, can we do something about him appearing this season? Like maybe not have him appear. That new haircut does nothing for me other than remind me of his "Bye Bye Bye" days. And I'll admit, "No Strings Attached" is N'Sync's masterpiece. But his hair was not. See what Lorne can do.

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment