Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2.10.09

Dear Rachel Dratch,

I’ve been doing some reading about this Minsky’s. First, I love that your character's name is Beula. I had an aunt by that same name. Second, I am wondering why Dita Von Teese is not involved. I mean, hello, she is the only existing burlesque entertainer worth her weight in tassels. Her business also has to be drying up; she probably needs some money. Let’s face it, between burlesque shows and tanning salons, there are some things we can just do without during These Economic Times. Why is she even famous, beyond having been married to Marilyn Manson? She’s Casper incarnate and she lives to shimmy in champagne. For most people, that would qualify as insane. Now after having written all that out, Dita might not understand the satirical value of Minsky’s and it is probably best she not be a part of it. She’s so serious.

Over the past two weeks or so, I have become obsessed with reading my horoscope every day. Sometimes it’s spot on, other times not so much. Today it tells me I may find spiritual centeredness in the tiny details. Okay. What does that even mean? Do you read your horoscope? I feel like you might, but to make fun of it. They don't mean a whole lot most of the time. I guess if you do what they say it's a bit like letting your life be ruled by fortune cookies or LaToya Jackson. Remember her psychic hotline? I always wanted to call, but only to talk to her. She's so crazy.

I should get going. I have to recreate a spreadsheet that was hand-drawn by some cave dwellers. Somehow they couldn't manage fire, but they figured out how to divide up pre and post doctoral students and give them account numbers for all their research money. Just a few more days of this! I'll let you know how it goes. Gimme a shout some time.

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment