Monday, March 16, 2009

3.16.09

Dear Rachel Dratch,

I was wondering if when you ever get bored if you sometimes feel like taking a shower? I have totally already bathed today and was just sitting here thinking about something to do and all I could come up with was taking a shower. My skin is dry as it is, what with all the cold air and the machine-manufactured heat pumped into every and all buildings and the fact that I always forget to put on lotion until my knuckles are ashy and cracked like I'm homeless. Technically and physically, it doesn't make sense for me to take a shower right now.

Ok, sometimes, I may go two maybe three days without a shower. I can't lie. I'll even go to work and everything. I throw my head under the faucet in the tub, rub some Magic Move in my mane and get moving. And by moving I mean head to the couch to make sure I catch last night's Daily Show and Colbert Report before I go to work. Maybe that's where all my extra morning time is spent? Hmm.

But seriously, sometimes I go a little bit without a shower and now it's been like four straight days with a shower and tonight I want to make it twice in one day. I just thought for a second about whether or not I was projecting dirtiness onto my body from some other sort of sub- or unconscious place. Nope, not there. All aspects of my life are clean. I think I may just like to take showers. The hot water always feel so good. And showers tend to always smell nice, with those soaps and shampoos smelling like apples and peaches. My shampoo is actually kind of medicinal smelling, as I use it to treat my head psoriasis--it's not exactly fruity delicious, but that's where my conditioner comes in to counteract all the odorous damage done.

Maybe I need/want to take another shower. I may just end up eating some cake. Peace out. For now.

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment